Wool Carpet Care Tips
One of the most crucial areas of carpet maintenance is removal of spots and spills. It is of utmost importance to act quickly when anything is dropped or spilled, and always have the necessary cleaning materials at hand. Chem-Dry of Boulder uses special professional cleaning agents designed for use with your wool carpets.
Frequent vacuuming is a wool carpet’s best friend.
- An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. A suction-only vacuum may be required for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing. Vacuum cleaner dust bags should be emptied when half full.
- Exercise prevention maintenance by placing absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home. Change or launder when these mats become dirty. Filters in your heating and air conditioning systems should be changed regularly.
- Periodically clean traffic lanes and the areas in front of frequently used chairs.
- Keep absorbent cloth or paper towels and cleaning solutions on hand for quick response to spills and accidents.
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned by Chem-Dry of Boulder, ask about our Wool Safe® products.
- Clean carpetBrian Wells
- Clean carpetCole Butler
- Remove pet stains & odorsCole Butler
- Clean area rugsCole Butler
- Remove pet stains & odorsBrian Wells
- They came in and were super respectful, kept us informed of what they were doing/if we could walk on carpet and stuff.Brian Wells
- Zeus was the best!! He did the best job I’ve ever seen. My house reeked of dog and now it looks and smells brand new!! Ask for Zeus!!Cole Butler
- Clean upholsteryChelsea Elliott