Basic Rug Care
Rugs deserve the same care as wall-to-wall carpet and, in some cases, require special attention.
- Washing rugs : If you have a smaller rug that needs to be cleaned, check the label to be sure that it can safely be washed in your own washing machine. Before cleaning it, shake the rug outside first and then put it in your washing machine with a mild detergent and at the recommended temperature. Next, tumble dry your rug at the lowest heat setting possible.
- Beating larger rugs : If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then put it over a clothesline and beat it. Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it thoroughly. If the label recommends that it be dry cleaned only, then save yourself time and frustration by calling the cleaning professionals at Chem-Dry of Boulder. Trust your rugs of all types with the experts in rug cleaning at Chem-Dry of Boulder in Boulder, CO who have been trained as Area Rug Experts for all off-site cleaning.
- Vacuuming area rugs : Area rugs with fringe require a special cleaning technique. To start, use a gentle suction and start from the center of the rug, and slowly vacuum toward the fringe, while also being careful to not catch the strands in the beater bar. Then lift the edge of the rug to vacuum underneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs : Clean your valuable imported rugs according to the rug manufacturer’s specifications or bring in our professional rug cleaning services. Be gentle with the delicate fringe when handling your rug. For heirloom-type rugs, you will need our professionals. Call Chem-Dry of Boulder at (720) 304-3910 to learn more about our Expert Area Rug cleaning services.
Chem-Dry of Boulder is rated 4.9 out of 5 based on approximately 104 reviews from around the Web.
- I love these guys. They have gotten out two very difficult stains and do a great job of general cleaning.
- The associates were very courteous and helpful answering questions. Cleaning was very well done, and they were most careful navigating through the house with...
- best in the area since there are a few franchises. They actually resolved the pet order and stain not mask it.
- Incredible service. Safe and effective. Highly recommend.
- The carpets and couches look terrific. The techs showed up promptly and were professional and efficient. I’m very pleased.
- A very caring courteous and professional crew always. I have used this company for decades.
- We were very pleased with our entire experience with Scott and Eddie. They were on time, very professional and knowledgeable.
- TOP TIER PROS--Really satisfied with the final result after hiring Chem- Dry of Boulder! Remi and Louis showed up earlier than expected.