Basic Rug Care
Rugs deserve the same care as wall-to-wall carpet and, in some cases, require special attention.
- Washing rugs : If you have a smaller rug that needs to be cleaned, check the label to be sure that it can safely be washed in your own washing machine. Before cleaning it, shake the rug outside first and then put it in your washing machine with a mild detergent and at the recommended temperature. Next, tumble dry your rug at the lowest heat setting possible.
- Beating larger rugs : If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then put it over a clothesline and beat it. Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it thoroughly. If the label recommends that it be dry cleaned only, then save yourself time and frustration by calling the cleaning professionals at Chem-Dry of Boulder. Trust your rugs of all types with the experts in rug cleaning at Chem-Dry of Boulder in Boulder, CO who have been trained as Area Rug Experts for all off-site cleaning.
- Vacuuming area rugs : Area rugs with fringe require a special cleaning technique. To start, use a gentle suction and start from the center of the rug, and slowly vacuum toward the fringe, while also being careful to not catch the strands in the beater bar. Then lift the edge of the rug to vacuum underneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs : Clean your valuable imported rugs according to the rug manufacturer’s specifications or bring in our professional rug cleaning services. Be gentle with the delicate fringe when handling your rug. For heirloom-type rugs, you will need our professionals. Call Chem-Dry of Boulder at (720) 304-3910 to learn more about our Expert Area Rug cleaning services.
- Clean carpetBrian Wells
- Clean carpetCole Butler
- Remove pet stains & odorsCole Butler
- Clean area rugsCole Butler
- Remove pet stains & odorsBrian Wells
- They came in and were super respectful, kept us informed of what they were doing/if we could walk on carpet and stuff.Brian Wells
- Zeus was the best!! He did the best job I’ve ever seen. My house reeked of dog and now it looks and smells brand new!! Ask for Zeus!!Cole Butler
- Clean upholsteryChelsea Elliott