Basic Rug Care
Rugs deserve the same care as wall-to-wall carpet and, in some cases, require special attention.
- Washing rugs : If you have a smaller rug that needs to be cleaned, check the label to be sure that it can safely be washed in your own washing machine. Before cleaning it, shake the rug outside first and then put it in your washing machine with a mild detergent and at the recommended temperature. Next, tumble dry your rug at the lowest heat setting possible.
- Beating larger rugs : If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then put it over a clothesline and beat it. Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it thoroughly. If the label recommends that it be dry cleaned only, then save yourself time and frustration by calling the cleaning professionals at Chem-Dry of Boulder. Trust your rugs of all types with the experts in rug cleaning at Chem-Dry of Boulder in Boulder, CO who have been trained as Area Rug Experts for all off-site cleaning.
- Vacuuming area rugs : Area rugs with fringe require a special cleaning technique. To start, use a gentle suction and start from the center of the rug, and slowly vacuum toward the fringe, while also being careful to not catch the strands in the beater bar. Then lift the edge of the rug to vacuum underneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs : Clean your valuable imported rugs according to the rug manufacturer’s specifications or bring in our professional rug cleaning services. Be gentle with the delicate fringe when handling your rug. For heirloom-type rugs, you will need our professionals. Call Chem-Dry of Boulder at (720) 304-3910 to learn more about our Expert Area Rug cleaning services.
- They were punctual and professional, and the carpets look like new after their cleaning.Katherine Cortina
- They also cleaned a recliner and a sofa and now they look like new. I couldn't be happier!Mary Chrisman
- We had tough grease stains on our carpet and were amazed at the improvement. Excellent service. Will definitely call upon Chem Dry again.Jody Berman
- This was the best experience I have had in carpet clearning.Leah Sarno
- Paul and Remy did a great job. They worked hard to get some tough stains out of our fine Tibetan rugs. They now look almost new.karen sandburg
- They were on-time, professional, knowledgeable about their product and overall nice guys. Will use them again!Lynn Gelfenbaum
- WOW. Totally impressed with this company. Paul and Remy exceeded my expectations. no doubt, I will be using them again. I highly recommend.Ellen Feeney
- I'll definitely use them again.George Lewis