Spot Removal Steps
1. Act Quickly! Most carpeting available in homes today have already been treated with a stain-resistant treatment, so many potentially damaging spots or spills can be removed if immediate action is taken. The longer the delay, the higher the likelihood of a spot or spill becoming a permanent stain on your floors. Remember, that staining can be influenced by many factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with an absorbent, white, dry cloth or white paper towels that does not include any printing.
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing the affected area may cause pile distortion to the location. Continue to use paper towels or a dry cloth until the area is completely dry. For semi-solid spills, gently scrape up what you can with a rounded spoon. Solid spills should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain that the solution will not damage the carpet fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold down a dry, white cloth onto the wet area for several seconds. Then examine the carpet and cloth for any color change, color transfer, or damage to the carpet. If you notice that a change does occur, then another cleaning solution should be selected.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a dry, white cloth and gently work it in.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub the area! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible, and repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution successfully removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Completely removing the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change the paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call Chem-Dry of Boulder today at (720) 304-3910 to order with your next carpet cleaning.
For more detailed information on a specific spot or spill, please call Chem-Dry of Boulder at (720) 304-3910 to see how we can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide toll-free cleaning assistance and advice.
- They were punctual and professional, and the carpets look like new after their cleaning.Katherine Cortina
- They also cleaned a recliner and a sofa and now they look like new. I couldn't be happier!Mary Chrisman
- We had tough grease stains on our carpet and were amazed at the improvement. Excellent service. Will definitely call upon Chem Dry again.Jody Berman
- This was the best experience I have had in carpet clearning.Leah Sarno
- Paul and Remy did a great job. They worked hard to get some tough stains out of our fine Tibetan rugs. They now look almost new.karen sandburg
- They were on-time, professional, knowledgeable about their product and overall nice guys. Will use them again!Lynn Gelfenbaum
- WOW. Totally impressed with this company. Paul and Remy exceeded my expectations. no doubt, I will be using them again. I highly recommend.Ellen Feeney
- I'll definitely use them again.George Lewis