The Notorious Coffee Stain and How to Remove it
There’s something wonderful about waking up to the smell of a strong cup of coffee. From the rich aroma of a bold roast to the first sip of a creamy latte, you love your coffee. But what you don’t love is the occasional stain that ensues. If you’ve got a coffee maker in your kitchen, then you’ve probably got a stain or two in your living room. Don’t fret, because we’ve got the lowdown on your coffee tainted carpet blunders. Keep reading to learn how to make yours like new again.
One Step at a Time
If you’re a coffee drinker, the chances are good that you’ve had to deal with a carpet stain or two. The question isn’t how to keep the coffee spill from happening but rather, how does one successfully clean thy stain without damaging thy carpet in the process? (please excuse the victorian accent).
Need the steps? We’ve got them covered so however many stains you have, and how experienced (or not) you are, you can clean up the stains and restore your carpet to that brand new status that was lost but has now returned:
- Start with what you’ve got. So, if you’ve tripped over that shoe, children’s toy or any other obstacle with your coffee cup in hand rest assured, start by blotting the liquid with paper towels ASAP. If you like to “chew your coffee” and have spilled damp coffee grounds on your carpet, scoop up whatever you can in a gentle manner.
- Create your own coffee cleaning solution by mixing up two tablespoons of white vinegar with four cups of room temperature water.
- Once the stain can no longer be blotted with paper towels (this may take a while depending on how much liquid there is), apply your cleaning solution to the affected area. Just be sure that the towel or sponge you use isn’t soaking wet—aim for it being barely damp, instead.
- Continue to gently blot your carpet until the stain from the coffee grounds and/or liquid has been removed. Wait until it has dried (ex: the next morning) and then vacuum the area thoroughly.
What to do if The Stain Won’t Come Out?
Sometimes, stains are easy to clean up, but occasionally they are stubborn. If your stain seems to have a mind of its own, don’t spend hours trying to restore it back to its natural state. Instead, contact the carpet cleaning professionals at Chem-Dry of Boulder, to do it for you!
- I love these guys. They have gotten out two very difficult stains and do a great job of general cleaning.
- The associates were very courteous and helpful answering questions. Cleaning was very well done, and they were most careful navigating through the house with...
- best in the area since there are a few franchises. They actually resolved the pet order and stain not mask it.
- Incredible service. Safe and effective. Highly recommend.
- The carpets and couches look terrific. The techs showed up promptly and were professional and efficient. I’m very pleased.
- A very caring courteous and professional crew always. I have used this company for decades.
- We were very pleased with our entire experience with Scott and Eddie. They were on time, very professional and knowledgeable.
- TOP TIER PROS--Really satisfied with the final result after hiring Chem- Dry of Boulder! Remi and Louis showed up earlier than expected.