The Notorious Coffee Stain and How to Remove it
There’s something wonderful about waking up to the smell of a strong cup of coffee. From the rich aroma of a bold roast to the first sip of a creamy latte, you love your coffee. But what you don’t love is the occasional stain that ensues. If you’ve got a coffee maker in your kitchen, then you’ve probably got a stain or two in your living room. Don’t fret, because we’ve got the lowdown on your coffee tainted carpet blunders. Keep reading to learn how to make yours like new again.
One Step at a Time
If you’re a coffee drinker, the chances are good that you’ve had to deal with a carpet stain or two. The question isn’t how to keep the coffee spill from happening but rather, how does one successfully clean thy stain without damaging thy carpet in the process? (please excuse the victorian accent).
Need the steps? We’ve got them covered so however many stains you have, and how experienced (or not) you are, you can clean up the stains and restore your carpet to that brand new status that was lost but has now returned:
- Start with what you’ve got. So, if you’ve tripped over that shoe, children’s toy or any other obstacle with your coffee cup in hand rest assured, start by blotting the liquid with paper towels ASAP. If you like to “chew your coffee” and have spilled damp coffee grounds on your carpet, scoop up whatever you can in a gentle manner.
- Create your own coffee cleaning solution by mixing up two tablespoons of white vinegar with four cups of room temperature water.
- Once the stain can no longer be blotted with paper towels (this may take a while depending on how much liquid there is), apply your cleaning solution to the affected area. Just be sure that the towel or sponge you use isn’t soaking wet—aim for it being barely damp, instead.
- Continue to gently blot your carpet until the stain from the coffee grounds and/or liquid has been removed. Wait until it has dried (ex: the next morning) and then vacuum the area thoroughly.
What to do if The Stain Won’t Come Out?
Sometimes, stains are easy to clean up, but occasionally they are stubborn. If your stain seems to have a mind of its own, don’t spend hours trying to restore it back to its natural state. Instead, contact the carpet cleaning professionals at Chem-Dry of Boulder, to do it for you!
- They were punctual and professional, and the carpets look like new after their cleaning.Katherine Cortina
- They also cleaned a recliner and a sofa and now they look like new. I couldn't be happier!Mary Chrisman
- We had tough grease stains on our carpet and were amazed at the improvement. Excellent service. Will definitely call upon Chem Dry again.Jody Berman
- This was the best experience I have had in carpet clearning.Leah Sarno
- Paul and Remy did a great job. They worked hard to get some tough stains out of our fine Tibetan rugs. They now look almost new.karen sandburg
- They were on-time, professional, knowledgeable about their product and overall nice guys. Will use them again!Lynn Gelfenbaum
- WOW. Totally impressed with this company. Paul and Remy exceeded my expectations. no doubt, I will be using them again. I highly recommend.Ellen Feeney
- I'll definitely use them again.George Lewis